Sunday, October 30, 2011

Listen up!

One of my main pet peeves is people not listening to us lowly servers. You see me come to your table, you hear me introduce myself, and you turn back to your conversations or cell phones and ignore my pleas to tell me what you want. It was called kindergarten and its where you should have learned manners. Please read these examples and try to avoid them. You'll be making the world a better place.

When I tell you I am bringing refills, don't then ask me for a refill. You won't die of thirst, they're coming. My friend who works in a texicana restaurant says this happens all the time to him with chips and salsa. He just told you they are coming, relax.

When I have already told someone else at your table the side choices, don't then ask me to repeat them, listen up.

Another thing about side choices. I run through the whole list of what we have for you, then you ask "You don't have sweet potato fries?" Did you hear me say them? No? Then no I don't. "Oh, well I was only listening for the sweet potato fries, can you repeat those sides again?" I just wrote "bitch" next to your order on my notepad.

No I will not repeat the specials. Next time don't answer your phone in the middle of my spiel. Ask your friends what the specials are, they were only mildly ignoring me.

And what's with the talking over each other? I'm taking your dates order over here. Do you want to get laid? Shut the hell up and let her tell me what she wants.

Please shut up when your server comes to your table and listen politely. We are not your slaves, when you see us there and dismiss us to continue your conversations you are destroying our faith in humanity. Learn some manners.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment