Friday, October 14, 2011

Rude Guest

Lets start this blog off right with a winner.

During our down time between lunch and dinner a couple walked right by the host stand ignoring their greeting and sat themselves in a closed section. I assume they chose the farthest corner of the restaurant so they could be gross together. The lady ordered a drink we do not make and accepted my modified suggestion. When I asked to see their IDs, the gentlemen had to tell her to move her leg of of his so he could reach his wallet. She reluctantly scooted away from her position half on his lap. When I asked the gentleman what he would like for his meal, with no acknowledgment he answered his phone and ignored me. The lady interrupted him to ask him what he wanted and he ignored her too. She suggested I come back-- I could hardly wait.

Now to the good part. They had put themselves across from a table where an employee had been eating her lunch. We do not get lunch breaks, so this meant she had to run to the table and grab a bite whenever she had a down minute. The site of her meal, which she never ate in front of them, was apparently offensive to the gentlemen. He asked me "whose food's that", to which I replied it was an employees. He told me to move it.

Really?? I really wanted to say tell me please and maybe I would, but instead I said sure and moved the sandwich out of his sight. And that request of his has led me to start this blog. For all the times I cannot say to a guest what I really want, I'm hoping sending it into cyber space will help me get over it. I'm going to stop burying all the psychotic things people do deep in my soul and hopefully start to like humanity again.

No comments:

Post a Comment